You are energized by marketing for good causes. You are results-driven, you are an exceptional creator of content (both visual and written), and you thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable taking direction, giving direction, and learning on your own. You are a strategic, driven, “can-do” person who gets excited by effective workflow and finding creative solutions to time, organizational, creative, and content challenges. You love brand storytelling and want to have a positive impact on the world around you. You are excited to make ChickTech a household name in the tech industry and beyond. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
The Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Development and Communications to collaboratively design and implement our marketing and communications plans. ChickTech has a robust network of chapters, programs, initiatives, and funders, and we’re looking for someone who can effectively build brand awareness through creative and strategic digital marketing campaigns.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, ChickTech is a rapidly growing nonprofit focused on gender equality in the technology industry. Our mission is to retain women in the technology workforce and increase the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We’re excited to grow our team so we can expand our impact on the lives of thousands of girls and women globally!
ChickTech will be accepting applications until Monday, October 1st at 5pm PST.
- Manage the ChickTech brand and sub brands to ensure consistency in design and voice
- Design processes to effectively market ChickTech at both the national and chapter level
- Draft, edit, and publish marketing content, including donor materials, email marketing, and social media
- Own website development, maintenance, and troubleshooting Align development and communication execution strategies
- Own all marketing platforms, including planning and scheduling of content
- Manage social media across platforms
- Manage and implement website content and design
- Create effective, eye-catching digital and print outreach materials
- Conduct marketing and donor development-related research
- Track overall marketing metrics, including website, email, and social media metrics
- Manage marketing and communications systems and tools
- Support development efforts, including:
- Donor stewardship strategies
- Donor development and marketing administrative tasks
- Research prospective grants and assist in preparing and proofreading grant materials
- Manage marketing and promotions for earned revenue products, including ChickTech’s job board and merchandise
- Design and carry out marketing strategies for various events, conferences, and tradeshows throughout the year
- And of course, other duties as needed!
4+ years of experience in marketing and communications Excellent writing and editing skills in both traditional and new media formats Experience with Adobe Creative Suite required
- Experience with WordPress required
- Experience using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube for businesses
- Familiarity with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
- Proficiency in basic office software, spreadsheets, and Google suite
- Familiar with MailChimp or similar online marketing software
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in HTML/CSS Adept in SEO best practices
- Comfortable using Google Analytics
- Engaging and diplomatic team player; able to build trust and nurture partnerships
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Self-starter who thrives on taking initiative and driving progress in a multi-faceted role
- Passion around the ChickTech mission
ChickTech is headquartered in Portland, OR with over 25 chapters across the nation. Work hours are flexible and the opportunity to work remotely is possible, as appropriate. This position has the ability to grow in responsibility and leadership as the organization expands. Because ChickTech is volunteer driven, this position will require some evening and weekend events and meetings.
People of all genders are welcome and encouraged to apply. ChickTech is strongly committed to all forms of diversity — please see our inclusion policy for more details.
This position is salaried at $55,000.
ChickTech will cover 100% of health insurance premiums for the employee. Cell phone stipend and parking/transit stipend provided. Unlimited PTO is offered.