ChickTech is a national nonprofit dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. ChickTech currently serves girls and women in 20 cities and is expanding to increase the number of cities with a ChickTech presence.
Our ChickTech: High School program offers hands-on workshops, mentoring and community encouragement to help young women build confidence, and recognize and celebrate their individual potential as future technology leaders. ChickTech: Career events, including the ACT-W conference, are focused on creating community among women and providing them with the support they need, whether career-focused, technical, or emotional and social.
ChickTech Headquarters is looking for a full time person to support the organization through an administrative, clerical, and communication role. The goals for this role are to: support and assist ChickTech leaders in order to better fulfill our mission; keep office and organization operating smoothly; and improve operations consistently and continuously.
- Help with finances
- Make bank deposits
- Supervise petty cash
- Track expenses, receipts, and expense reports for headquarters.
- Work in tandem with bookkeeper on accurate recordkeeping and filing.
- Work with chapters and regional directors to ensure that all revenue and expense reports are turned in on time.
- Pay bills online
- Act as liason between bank and staff/chapters.
- Handle day-to-day communications for the office and CEO
- Answer calls and emails in a professional, proactive, and helpful manner
- Schedule meetings
- Draft communications, including letters, emails, and newsletters
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Take minutes at board and staff meeting
- Facilitate donor management with Development Director
- Provide information on donations received in office to Development Director
- Assist in writing thank you letters
- Add donors and donations into Salesforce
- Assist with website and online systems
- Add or edit Wordpress site content as needed
- Set up new sites for chapters (not as hard as it sounds!)
- Help chapters and staff with Google Drive, including creating new admins, users, and groups, and finding and organizing documents on the drive
- Maintain other communication tools, such as Mailchimp, Meetup, and SurveyMonkey
- Keep office running smoothly
- Organize and maintain office
- Purchase supplies
- Research solutions to current issues
- File (...scan and electronically file) papers that come in
- Be a leader in the organization
- Take charge of situations
- Offer help proactively
- Be on org-wide task forces
- Create training on online tools and processes
- Keep track of business and employee records and filings
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about gender equity
- Stellar organizational acumen
- Strong writing skills
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Excited to take charge and lead diplomatically
- Willing and interested in learning new skills
- Salesforce proficiency
- Wordpress experience
- Quickbooks experience
This position is housed in the Portland HQ office at 921 SW Washington St STE 500. This position currently reports to the CEO but supports all staff and community needs.
Wages & Benefits
This position is salaried at $40,000. Some evenings and weekend hours may be occasionally required for events, but most hours will be during the traditional workweek.
ChickTech will cover 100% of health insurance premiums for the employee and family. Cell phone stipend and parking/transit stipend provided. Unlimited PTO is offered.
Please use the application link. If you know someone at ChickTech, that is great--feel free to reach out to them and get a recommendation, but if you don't go through the link as well, you risk getting lost in an email abyss. This would be sad for everyone!
The application has a few questions for you to answer. You'll also want to upload a resume and cover letter (these are required...we used to say a cover letter was optional until we realized we were *definitely* biased towards applications with cover letters filled with passion about our mission). Applications will be accepted until Dec 8.
As a reminder, all people, including those of all genders, are welcome to apply. (See our inclusion policy at chicktech.org/inclusion-policy for more details.)